Now for the announcement of a new pandemic for Covid 19, it is necessary to take a prior recommendations before traveling to Mexico, for your safety and ours we recommend the following tips before traveling.
- Do not forget the care protocols such as wearing a mask, complying with social distancing and washing your hands frequently with antibacterial gel.
- Check with your airline, cruise line, or travel operators about their travel plans and / or airport restrictions.
- Compare prices with alternative low cost airlines from point to point.
- Consider renting a car and driving if you want to know the state of Quintana Roo.
- If you plan to move by bus it is cheaper, so we recommend you to investigate the destination routes before.
Before the travel check all previous documentation that you need like:
- Present a valid passport
- Permanent Resident Card
- NEXUS card
- Take a COVID-19 test before to travel. The form can be found at https://afac.hostingerapp.com/
- Merchant Mariner Document (for U.S. citizens traveling on official business)
- Military Identification Card (for members of the U.S. armed forces traveling on official orders)
Isla Mujeres is a safe place, the risk indicators of contagion for now remain low but in the state the mandatory regulations for activities due to the pandemic of Covid 19 are:
- In Quintana Roo Now the hotels, are operated at 50% of capacity is necessary check the availability previously
- The use of masks in public is mandatory
- Only one person per family can enter essential businesses
- The transport restrictions are as follows: four people per private vehicle, three people per taxi, and public transport runs at 50% capacity
- The restaurants can sell alcohol every day from 10:00 am to 1:00 am
- The beaches and public parks are open at 60% of capacity
We recommend doing a rapid covid 19 test before the trip and leaving all the dates to a friend and family about the days and the place where you are going to stay for your safety, and do not forget the hygiene protocols to avoid the risk of contagion of Covid 19, remember that if you take care of yourself, we take care of each other.